Can I Use AirPlay with My TCL TV?
Do you want to know if you can use AirPlay with your TCL TV? Well, the good news is that you can! AirPlay is a cool feature that lets you send stuff like music, videos, and pictures from your Apple gadgets, like iPhones, iPads, and Macs, to your TV. But wait, what if you have a TCL TV that runs on Roku or Android TV OS? Can you still use AirPlay with it? Let’s find out!
What’s the Deal with AirPlay and TCL TVs?
Okay, so here’s the deal. If you’ve got a TCL TV that’s running on Roku or Android TV OS, you’re in luck! You can totally use AirPlay with it. This means you can quickly send your favorite songs, videos, or pictures from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac straight to your TV. Imagine watching funny cat videos on a big screen – awesome, right?
How Does it Work?
Now, for this magic to happen, there’s one important thing to remember. Your TCL TV and your Apple device need to be best buddies on the same Wi-Fi network. It’s like they’re chatting with each other over Wi-Fi, so make sure they’re connected to the same Wi-Fi. That’s the secret sauce to making AirPlay work.
What if My TCL TV Isn’t AirPlay-Compatible?
But what if your TCL TV isn’t fancy enough to have AirPlay built-in? Don’t worry; there’s still a way to make it happen. You can use something called a “Lightning to Digital AV adapter” and an HDMI cable. This adapter lets you connect your iPhone to the TV, and boom – you can mirror whatever’s on your iPhone screen onto the TV. It’s like showing your phone’s screen on the big screen!
List of AirPlay Compatible TCL Roku TV
If you have a TCL Roku TV, you can find the AirPlay-compatible TVs list to check if your TV is supported or not.
|8 – Series||65Q825, 75Q825|
|6-Series||55R635, 65R635, 75R635, 55R625, 65R625, 55R613, 55R615, 55R617, 65R613, 65R615, 65R617, 75R615, 75R617|
|5-Series||50S535, 55S535, 65S535, 75S535, 43S525, 43S527, 50S525, 55S525, 65S525, 43S515, 43S517, 49S515, 49S517, 55S515, 55S517, 65S517|
|4-Series||43S431, 43S433, 43S435, 50S431, 50S433, 50S435, 55S431, 55S433, 55S435, 65S431, 65S433, 65S435, 75S431, 75S435, 85S435, 55S20, 43S421, 43S423, 43S425, 50S421, 50S423, 50S425, 55S421, 55S423, 55S425, 65S421, 65S423, 65S425, 75S421, 75S423, 75S425, 43S403, 43S405, 49S405, 55S401, 55S403, 55S405, 65S401, 65S403, 65S405|
|3-Series||32S321, 32S323, 32S325, 32S327, 40S321, 40S325, 43S325, 49S325, 28S305, 32S305, 40S305, 43S305, 49S305|
Setting Up AirPlay on Your TCL Roku TV
Hey, let’s make your TCL Roku TV an AirPlay superstar! You can wirelessly get stuff from your Apple gadgets onto your TV. Here’s how to set it up:
Step 1: Turn On Your Roku TV
- Grab your remote and switch on your Roku TV. Easy, right?
Step 2: Navigate to Settings
- On your remote, press the “Home” button. It’s the one that looks like a little house.
- Scroll down using the arrows on your remote and pick “Settings.”
Step 3: Find the Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Option
- In the Settings menu, you’ll see an option called “Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.” Click on that.
Step 4: Enable AirPlay
- Inside the “Apple AirPlay and HomeKit” menu, you’ll spot “AirPlay.” Click on it.
- Now, flip the switch to enable it. You’re almost there!
Step 5: Ready to Roll!
- Voila! You’re all set to use the AirPlay feature on your TCL Roku TV. Time to start streaming!
How to AirPlay from Your iPhone or iPad to Your TCL Roku TV
Okay, now that your TV is all set up, let’s AirPlay from your iPhone or iPad:
Step 1: Connect to the Right Wi-Fi
- First things first, make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TCL Roku TV. They need to be best buddies!
Step 2: Pick Your Video (or Photo)
- Choose a cool video you want to watch on the big screen.
- Tip: If you want to show off your awesome photos, open the Photos app, tap the “Share” icon at the bottom left, and hit “AirPlay.”
Step 3: Get Ready to AirPlay
- Find the “AirPlay” icon on your iPhone or go to the “Control Center” (swipe down from the top right on newer iPhones) and tap “Screen Mirroring.”
Step 4: Choose Your TCL TV
- A list of devices will pop up. Look for your TCL TV’s name and select it.
- Your iPhone’s stuff is now on your TV, thanks to AirPlay! Enjoy the show!
- Don’t forget to turn off AirPlay on your iPhone or iPad when you’re done using it. Save that battery power!
How to AirPlay from Your Mac to Your TCL Roku TV
Hey there, Mac user! Wanna share your Mac’s screen with your TCL Roku TV? You can do it, and here’s how:
For Mac OS Version 12 or Later
Step 1: Get on the Same Wi-Fi
- Make sure your Mac and your TCL TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. They need to be pals!
Step 2: Open the Control Center
- At the top-right corner of your Mac’s screen, you’ll find something called the “Control Center.” Click on it.
Step 3: Choose Screen Mirroring
- In the Control Center, look for the “Screen mirroring” option and click on it.
Step 4: Pick Your TCL TV
- A list of devices will pop up. Find your TCL TV’s name and select it.
Step 5: Start AirPlaying
- Ta-da! You’re all set to AirPlay your Mac’s screen to your TCL Roku TV. Go ahead, show off those cat videos!
For Mac OS Version 10.14 – 11
Step 1: Same Wi-Fi, Please
- First things first, make sure both your Mac and your TCL TV are on the same Wi-Fi team.
Step 2: Find the AirPlay Icon
- On your Mac, look at the top menu bar. You’ll spot the “AirPlay” icon. Click on it.
Step 3: Select Your TCL TV
- A list of available devices will appear. Choose your trusty TCL TV from the list.
Step 4: Enter the Code
- Your TCL Roku TV will show an AirPlay code. Enter that code on your Mac, and bam – your Mac screen is now on your TV!
And There You Go!
- Now you can enjoy your Mac’s content on the big screen using AirPlay. Don’t forget to turn off AirPlay on your Mac when you’re done.
How to AirPlay to TCL Android TV Using a Third-Party App
Uh-oh! Some TCL TVs run on Android and don’t support AirPlay. But don’t worry, you can still do it with a little help from third-party apps like AirBeamTV, AirScreen, or ApowerMirror. Here’s how:
Step 1: Same Wi-Fi Connection
- Make sure your Mac and TCL Android TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 2: Install AirScreen
- Go to the Google Play Store on your TCL Android TV and install the “AirScreen” app.
Step 3: Turn on Mirroring
- Open the AirScreen app on your TV and turn on “Mirroring.”
Step 4: Click AirPlay on Your Mac
- On your Mac, click the “AirPlay” icon and select your TCL Android TV.
Step 5: Mirror Away
- If the connection works, your Mac screen will appear on your TV, and you can enjoy your Mac’s content.
Troubleshooting AirPlay Issues on Your TCL TV
Hey there! Sometimes, AirPlay can be a little finicky, and it might not work as smoothly as we want it to on our TCL TV. No worries – we’ve got some tricks up our sleeves to help you out. Here’s how to fix AirPlay if it’s acting up:
1. Check Your Wi-Fi Connection
- First things first, make sure your TCL TV and your Apple device (like an iPhone or Mac) are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. They need to be on the same team!
2. Clear Out Previous Pairings
- Sometimes, old pairings can slow things down. Go ahead and remove any previous connections or pairings you’ve made. This can help speed up the pairing process.
3. Turn Off Your Mac’s Firewall
- If you’re trying to AirPlay from a Mac and it’s not working, your Mac’s firewall might be getting in the way. Try turning it off temporarily to see if that fixes things.
4. Update Everything
- It’s a good idea to keep your TCL TV’s firmware up to date. You should also make sure your Apple device (iOS or Mac) is running the latest software. Updates often come with bug fixes and improvements.
5. Restart Everything
- Sometimes, a good old restart can work wonders. Try restarting your TCL TV and your Apple device. This can help clear up any technical glitches.
6. Still No Luck? Contact TCL Customer Support
- If none of these methods seem to work, don’t sweat it! TCL’s customer support is there to help. They’ll be able to assist you with any tricky AirPlay issues you’re facing.
So, there you have it – some troubleshooting steps to get AirPlay working smoothly on your TCL TV. With a little patience and these tricks, you’ll be back to streaming your favorite stuff in no time!