How Can You Connect Your ONN TV to WiFi Without a Remote in Just 30 Seconds?
Have you ever wondered how to get your ONN TV connected to the internet without using a remote control? Don’t worry; we’ve got some super simple ways to do it, and it won’t take long at all! Whether your remote is lost, broken, or not working, you can still get your TV online.
Why Do You Need WiFi for Your ONN TV?
Before we dive into the solutions, let’s quickly talk about why WiFi is essential for your ONN TV. While you can do lots of things with your TV without the internet, like watching regular channels and playing games, you need WiFi to use streaming apps like Netflix or YouTube. So, let’s get that WiFi connection sorted out.
Method 1: Using a USB Keyboard or Mouse
If your TV isn’t already connected to WiFi, this trick can help. You’ll need a USB keyboard or mouse, just like the ones you use with your computer. Here’s what to do:
- Find the USB port on the side or back of your ONN TV.
- Plug the small USB part of your mouse into the TV’s USB port.
Now, you’ve got a mouse connected to your TV! Use it to go to the TV’s settings and set up your WiFi.
Method 2: Using Your Computer
You can also use your computer to get your ONN TV connected to WiFi. Whether you want to change your network or set it up for the first time, this method works. Here’s how:
- Download the “Roku Google Chrome Extension” (if you’re using Google Chrome) or “Remoku” (if you’re using Microsoft Edge) on your laptop or desktop computer.
- Make sure both your computer and ONN TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open your web browser on your computer.
- Look for the Remoku icon in the top right corner of your Google Chrome window and click on it. You’ll see a virtual remote on your computer screen.
- Now, use this virtual remote to go to ‘Settings’ on your ONN TV.
- Click on ‘Network,’ then select ‘Set up connection,’ and choose ‘Wireless.’ Enter the password for your new WiFi network.
Once your ONN TV connects to the new WiFi, your computer might disconnect from the TV. To control your TV with your computer, make sure your computer is also connected to the same WiFi network.
How Can You Connect Your ONN Roku TV to the Internet Without a Remote?
If you have an ONN Roku TV and can’t find your remote, don’t worry! You can use your smartphone and the Roku app to get your TV connected to the internet. Here’s how:
Step 1: Download the Roku App
To get started, you’ll need to download and install the Roku app on your smartphone. You can find this app on both the Google Play Store (for Android phones) and the Apple App Store (for iPhones).
Step 2: Connect Your Smartphone to Your ONN Roku TV
Before using the app, make sure your smartphone is already connected to the same network as your ONN Roku TV. This is important for the app to work correctly.
Step 3: Use the Virtual Remote in the Roku App
Now, open the Roku app on your smartphone. You’ll find a virtual remote control on your phone’s screen. Use this virtual remote to navigate to the TV’s settings.
Step 4: Configure Your Network Settings
In the TV settings, go to ‘Network,’ then select ‘Set up connection,’ and choose ‘Wireless.’ When you see the new WiFi connection name in the list, select it and enter the password for the network.
Note: Your smartphone’s remote app will disconnect as soon as your TV connects to the new WiFi because both devices need to be on the same network to work together. To continue controlling your TV with the mobile app, connect your smartphone to the new WiFi network as well.
What If You Still Need a Remote for Your ONN Roku TV?
While the methods mentioned above are handy for temporary remote replacements, you might eventually need an actual remote control. We recommend getting a Roku Replacement Remote. These remotes don’t require any programming, and they work just like the remote that comes with your device.
How to Fix ONN Roku TV Disconnecting From WiFi
If your ONN Roku TV keeps losing its WiFi connection, here are some steps to help you fix it:
- Restart Your Wireless Router: Sometimes, a simple router restart can solve the problem.
- Restart Your ONN Roku TV: Try turning your TV off and on again to refresh the connection.
- Forget Other Networks: In your TV’s network settings, select ‘Forget other networks’ to ensure it connects to the right one.
- Remove Interference: Check if any devices or objects are causing interference between your TV and the router, and move them if necessary.
- Check Placement: Make sure your TV is placed within the range of your wireless router for a strong signal.
- Switch WiFi Networks: If your service provider’s network is acting up, switch your ONN Roku TV to a different WiFi network if possible.
- Check for Updates: Sometimes, a network issue could be due to a bug or misconfiguration. Check for pending software updates on your TV and install them for better signal strength.
By following these steps, you can hopefully resolve the issue of your ONN Roku TV frequently disconnecting from WiF.