Why Does Your Fios Remote Sometimes Act Up?
Okay, let’s talk about your Verizon Fios internet and TV setup. It’s a pretty good deal for speedy internet, and if you have Fios TV, you can watch all sorts of stuff like TV shows, news, movies, and sports. But guess what? Sometimes, your Fios remote doesn’t work like it’s supposed to. And when basic troubleshooting doesn’t cut it, you might need to do something called a “factory reset” on your remote. This can help fix a bunch of remote-related issues. But when should you do it?
When Should You Reset Your Fios Remote?
You don’t want to rush into a factory reset. It’s like a last resort. So, when should you consider resetting your Fios remote? Well, here are some reasons:
1. When Nothing Else Works: If your Fios remote just won’t behave, even after you’ve tried some basic fixes, then it might be time for a reset.
How Do You Factory Reset Your Fios One Voice Remote?
Alright, if you’ve decided to take the plunge and reset your Fios remote, here’s how you do it:
1. Press the Menu Button: Look at your Fios remote and find the “Menu” button. Give it a press. It’s usually got a bunch of lines on it.
2. Go to Settings: After pressing “Menu,” you’ll see a list of options on your TV screen. Find the one that says “Settings” and click on it.
3. Find Voice Control: In the settings menu, there should be an option called “Voice control.” Click on that.
4. Choose Fios TV Voice Remote: Now, you’ll see another choice – “Fios TV Voice Remote.” Go ahead and select it.
5. Program Voice Remote: Look for the option that says “Program Voice Remote” and click on it.
6. Reset Remote Setup: Finally, you’ll come across the “Reset Remote Setup” option. Click on this, and you’ll be on your way to resetting your Fios remote to its factory settings.
How to Reset a Scientific-Atlanta AT8550 AllTouch Remote
Got one of those Scientific-Atlanta AT8550 AllTouch remotes? Sometimes they act a bit funny, but you can fix that by resetting it to its original settings. Here’s how you do it:
1. Press SELECT and CBL at the Same Time:
- Hold down both the SELECT and CBL buttons at the same time.
2. Watch for the Flashing Lights:
- Keep holding those buttons until all the other buttons on the remote flash twice.
3. Press 9-8-1:
- Now, press the buttons 9, 8, and 1 in that order, one after the other.
4. Look for More Flashing Lights:
- When you do that, all the mode buttons will flash three times.
5. Success! Your Remote is Reset:
- Those flashing lights mean your remote has been reset back to its factory settings. You did it!
How to Reset a Verizon P265 Remote
If you’ve got a Verizon P265 remote, you can reset it too. Here’s what to do:
1. Press and Hold OK and 2 Together:
- Hold down both the OK and 2 buttons at the same time.
2. Watch for the Red Light:
- Keep holding them until the red indicator light on the remote flashes twice and then stops.
3. Press 9-0-0:
- After that, press the buttons 9, 0, and 0 in order, one after the other.
4. More Lights:
- You’ll see the red LED light flash three times, and then it’ll turn off.
5. Your Verizon P265 Remote is Reset:
- When you see those flashes, it means your Verizon P265 remote has been reset back to its default settings. Nice job!
Note: If Your Remote Still Doesn’t Work…
If your remote is still giving you trouble, or you don’t want to get a new one, you can use the Fios Remote app to control your Fios TV box. It’s a great alternative and can save the day when your remote isn’t cooperating. Give it a try!
How to Reset a Philips RC 1445302 Remote
If you have a Philips TV remote with the model number 1445302 and it’s acting up, no worries, you can reset it easily. Here’s how:
1. Hold Down STB and OK Buttons:
- Start by pressing and holding both the STB and OK buttons at the same time.
2. Watch for the Flashing Buttons:
- Keep holding those buttons until you see the device mode buttons flash twice.
3. Press 9-0-0:
- After the flashing, press the buttons 9, 0, and 0 in that order, one after the other.
4. Look for Three Flashes:
- If you did it right, the red LED indicator light will flash three times. That means your remote is reset!
How to Reset a Motorola DRC800 Remote
Got a Motorola DRC800 remote and it’s acting a bit strange? You can reset it too! Here’s what you need to do:
1. Hold Down TV, AUDIO, DVD/VCR, or Cable Button:
- Choose one of these buttons (TV, AUDIO, DVD/VCR, or Cable) and press and hold it for about six seconds.
2. Watch for the Mode Buttons:
- After holding the button, you’ll see all the mode buttons light up.
3. Let Go of the Mode Button:
- When all the mode buttons light up, release the button you’ve been holding.
4. Press 9-8-1:
- After releasing the mode button, press the buttons 9, 8, and 1 in that order.
5. Look for Two Flashes:
- If you did it correctly, the LED indicator light will flash twice. That’s your sign that the remote has been reset.
And there you go! Your Philips RC 1445302 or Motorola DRC800 remote should be back to its default settings and ready to use. Enjoy!