How Can You Reset Your Hisense TV to Fix Common Problems?
Have you ever had trouble with your Hisense TV, like it suddenly restarting or showing audio without a picture? Well, there’s a simple solution that can help you fix these problems: resetting your TV back to its original settings. In this guide, we’ll show you how to do it step by step.
Why Would You Want to Reset Your Hisense TV?
Before we dive into the steps, let’s understand why you might need to reset your Hisense TV. Here are some common issues that Hisense TV users often face:
- Automatic TV Restarts: Sometimes, your TV might start all by itself, causing frustration.
- Audio but No Picture: You might hear sound, but there’s no picture on the screen.
- Brightness Problems: Issues with the screen brightness being too high or too low.
- Frequent Black Screen: Your TV’s screen may go black at regular intervals, disrupting your viewing experience.
- Remote Control Issues: The remote control might not work as expected, making it hard to operate your TV.
Now, let’s move on to the steps to reset your Hisense TV.
How to Reset Your Hisense TV in Less Than a Minute (2023)
Resetting your Hisense TV is a quick and effective way to tackle these issues. The process can vary depending on the type of Hisense TV you have – smart, Android, or Roku. We’ll explain each method in detail.
For Hisense Smart TV:
- Turn on your Hisense Smart TV.
- Use your TV remote and press the “MENU” button.
- In the menu that appears, select “SUPPORT” and press “OK” or “ENTER.” Note: The button name might vary depending on your TV remote.
- Inside the “SUPPORT” menu, choose “SELF DIAGNOSIS.”
- You’ll see another menu; here, select “RESET.”
- If prompted for a security pin, enter it. (If you haven’t set a pin, use the default code “0000”).
- Wait a couple of minutes for the process to complete. Your TV will be reset to its default settings, and you can set it up as you like.
Important Note: Keep in mind that a factory reset erases all downloaded information and settings, including Wi-Fi passwords. It’s a good idea to try a soft reset first before opting for a factory reset.
If your TV isn’t responding to the remote or you’re dealing with a black or blue screen, you might want to learn how to reset your Hisense TV without a remote.
How to Factory Reset Your Hisense Android TV
If you have a Hisense Android TV and you’re dealing with issues, you’ll need to follow a slightly different method to perform a factory reset. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you out:
Step 1: Access the Control Panel
- Using your TV remote, press the “UPWARD” arrow key. This will open the control panel.
- Scroll to the right, select “Settings,” and press “OK.”
Step 2: Navigate to Device Preferences or Storage and Reset
- Now, in the settings menu, look for the “Device Preferences” option. If you find it, select it.
- In some Hisense Android TVs, you won’t see “Device Preferences.” In that case, choose “Storage and Reset” instead.
Step 3: Find the Reset Option
- In the next menu, scroll all the way down until you find the “RESET” option.
- Select “RESET” and press “OK.”
Step 4: Confirm the Reset
- A warning message will pop up on your screen, saying, “This will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.”
- To proceed with the reset, select “RESET” again and press the “OK” button.
Step 5: Erase Everything
- Next, you’ll see an option that says “Erase Everything.” Choose this option to continue.
Step 6: Enter the Pin (If Required)
- If you’ve set a pin code on your Hisense Android TV, it will ask you to enter the code at this point.
Step 7: Wait for the Reset
- Once you’ve confirmed everything, your Hisense TV will begin the reset process.
Note: The time it takes to complete the reset can vary, usually between 5 to 10 minutes. The duration depends on how much data is stored on your TV.
How to Perform a Hard Reset on Your Hisense Roku TV
If you have a Hisense Roku TV and you want to reset it to its original settings, you can follow these steps:
Step 1: Access the Menu
- Grab your Hisense Roku TV remote and press the “HOME” button. This will open the TV’s main menu.
Step 2: Navigate to Settings
- Scroll down in the menu using the arrow keys on your remote.
- Find and select “SETTINGS” by pressing the right arrow key on your remote.
Step 3: Access the System Settings
- Continue scrolling down in the settings menu until you find the “SYSTEM” option.
- Press the right arrow key on the remote to open the “SYSTEM” settings.
Step 4: Go to Advanced System Settings
- Keep scrolling down until you reach “ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS.”
- Press the right arrow key to enter “ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS.”
Step 5: Perform the Factory Reset
- Inside “ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS,” you will see the option “FACTORY RESET.”
- When you select this option, you will have two reset choices:
- Option 1: This choice will restore the TV’s picture and audio settings to their default values. It won’t remove your Roku account or the channels you’ve installed.
- Option 2: This option, on the other hand, will wipe out all the downloaded data and settings from your Roku TV. It’s a more comprehensive reset.
Choose the option that suits your needs:
- If you want to keep your Roku account and installed channels but reset the picture and audio settings, go with Option 1.
- If you want to completely reset your Roku TV, erasing all data and settings, choose Option 2.
After making your choice, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset.
Note: Depending on your selection, the reset process may vary in terms of what gets reset and what remains intact. Make sure to pick the option that aligns with your desired outcome.
How to Soft Reset Your Hisense TV: 3 Easy Methods
Sometimes, your Hisense smart TV might act up, and you need to give it a soft reset to fix common issues. Here are three simple methods to do that:
Method 1: Unplug and Hold Power Button
- If your Hisense TV is on, unplug the AC adapter from the power socket.
- Leave it unplugged for at least ten minutes.
- After the wait, press and hold down the “POWER” button on your Hisense TV for a whole minute.
- While still holding the “POWER” button, plug the adapter back into the electric socket, and then turn the TV on.
- If it doesn’t work the first time, repeat these steps one more time after waiting a few minutes.
Method 2: Button Panel Combo
- Find the button panel on your Hisense TV.
- Simultaneously, press the “VOLUME UP” and either the “INPUT” or “MENU” buttons.
- While still holding those buttons, press the “POWER” button and release it after five seconds.
- Finally, let go of all the buttons.
Method 3: Menu/Input and Volume Down Combo
- Press and hold the “MENU/INPUT” and “VOLUME DOWN” buttons together.
- While continuing to hold those two buttons, press and hold the “POWER” button.
- Wait until you see a blue light on your Hisense TV screen (keep holding the buttons).
- After ten seconds, release all three buttons. Your Hisense TV will force reboot.
- A picture will appear on your TV screen, indicating that the reset is complete.
Why Do a Soft Reset?
These methods can help fix various issues like lagging, color or sound problems, black screens, flickering screens, and other firmware-related problems with your Hisense TV. Hopefully, this will resolve the problem you’re facing.
If these methods don’t work for you, you can leave a comment or contact Hisense customer support for further assistance. Happy TV watching!