How Can I Quickly Find My Lost Firestick Remote?
Hey there! Today, I’m going to tell you an easy way to find your lost Firestick remote super fast. Have you ever wished your remote could make a noise like your phone when you can’t find it? Well, guess what? Some remotes can actually do that, and I’m going to show you how to do it with an Amazon Firestick remote called the Alexa Voice Remote Pro.
Step 1: Get the Right Remote
First things first, you need to make sure you have the right remote. It’s called the Alexa Voice Remote Pro, and it has a special feature to help you find it when it’s lost. You can just say, “Alexa, Find My Remote,” and it will start making noise so you can find it. Pretty cool, right?
How to Find Your Lost Firestick Remote [In Less Than 30 Seconds]
Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of how to use this remote finder feature:
Step 2: Use Your Phone to Find It
- You’ll need another device with Alexa, like your smartphone or an Amazon Echo, to help you find your lost remote.
- Make sure that your Fire TV Stick (that’s the thing you control with the remote) is connected to the same Amazon account as your Alexa device.
- The remote and the Fire TV Stick should be pretty close, like within 30 feet of each other.
- Make sure your Fire TV Stick is turned on. You can’t find the remote if the Fire Stick is off. Connect it to the power adapter that came with it, not your TV’s USB port, or it will turn off when your TV does.
- Now, go ahead and download the Amazon Fire TV App on your smartphone. Connect the app to your Fire Stick.
- Inside the app, there’s a button that says ‘Remote Finder.’ Tap that.
- Your remote will start making noise, like ringing a bell. It’s telling you where it is!
- You’ve got 30 seconds to follow the sound and find your remote. If you don’t press any button on the remote within 5 minutes, it’ll stop making noise.
Using Any Amazon Device with Alexa to Find Your Remote
Guess what? You don’t even need a smartphone or the Fire TV app to find your lost remote. You can use any Amazon device with Alexa, like the Echo Dot, to help you out. It’s super simple:
- Just say, “Alexa, Find My Remote” to your Echo Dot or any other Alexa device.
- Within 30 seconds, your remote will start making noise, like ringing a bell. Easy peasy!
- You can also use the Alexa app on your smartphone, just like we talked about earlier, to find the remote. It works the same way.
What Can You Do If You Lose Your Fire TV Stick Remote?
Uh-oh, so you’ve lost your Fire TV Stick remote? Don’t worry; there are some other ways you can still enjoy your Fire TV:
1. Use the Fire TV Mobile App
If you can’t find your remote, no problem! You can use your smartphone as a remote control instead. Just download the Amazon Fire TV app, and it turns your phone into a handy remote. You can easily navigate through the menu and control your TV like a pro.
2. Get a Replacement Remote
If you really miss having a physical remote in your hand, you can buy a replacement. Amazon has a bunch of universal remotes that work with your Fire TV Stick. Some even have voice control. So, you can grab one of those and get back to your favorite shows and movies.
3. Use Your TV’s Remote
Did you know that you can use your TV’s own remote to control the Firestick? Here’s how:
- First, make sure your TV has something called HDMI-CEC. It’s a fancy term, but it just means that your TV and the Firestick can talk to each other through the HDMI port.
- Then, plug in your Firestick to the TV’s HDMI port.
Now, your TV’s remote can control the Firestick just like the Fire TV remote did. Pretty cool, right?
So, even if you misplace your Fire TV Stick remote, there are some clever ways to keep enjoying your shows. Plus, with the Alexa Voice Remote Pro, you can find your lost remote with just your voice. It’s got a cool motion-sensitive backlight feature, too, for using it in the dark. So, you’re all set for more TV fun!