How Can I Find My Lost Roku TV Remote Easily?
Have you ever lost your Roku TV remote and tried searching for it everywhere? If you have, there’s a simple way to find your lost remote using the “Lost Remote Finder” feature. You can do this with the Roku remote app, by using voice commands, or by pressing a button on the Roku device. When you do this, your remote will make a noise to help you locate it.
Is My Roku Remote Compatible with Lost Remote Finder?
Only the Roku Voice Remote Pro is compatible with the Lost Remote Finder. To check if your Roku remote can do this, see if it has a built-in speaker. Also, make sure you’ve turned on the audio alert before you lose the remote. If your remote meets these conditions, you can use the following methods to find it when it’s lost.
How Do I Turn on the Audio Alert Before I Lose My Remote?
- First, plug in all the cables and turn on your Roku TV.
- On the Home Screen, go to “Settings,” and from the list of options, select “Remotes and Devices.”
- Click on the “Remote” option, and choose your Roku remote from the list.
- Find the “Change Remote Finder Sound” option, and pick the sound you like from the list.
- Click “OK,” and you can even check the “Preview Remote Finder Sound” option to hear a sample sound on your Roku remote through the speakers. This way, you’ll know how it sounds when you use the Lost Remote Finder feature.
How Can You Find a Lost Roku Remote?
If you’ve misplaced your Roku remote somewhere in your house, don’t worry! There are four simple ways to locate it. These methods work for Smart TVs like TCL, Hisense, Philips, RCS, Element, and others powered by Roku OS. They activate the lost remote finder, causing the remote to play a sound for 60 seconds, making it easy to find.
Method 1: Hands-Free Voice Command
This method only works if your Roku remote is within the WiFi signal range, has enough battery, and you’ve turned on the voice control feature.
- First, ensure your TV is on and connected to the internet.
- Say, “Hey Roku, where is my remote?” in a clear, conversational tone.
- Your Roku remote will start making a loud beeping sound.
- Follow the sound to locate your Roku remote.
- Once you find it, press any button on the remote to stop the beeping.
Method 2: Using the Roku Mobile App
Before starting, make sure your iPhone, iPad, or Android smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku-connected smart TV.
- On your smartphone, open the Play Store or App Store and search for the “Roku App (Official).”
- Tap “Install” or “Get” to download the app to your mobile device.
- Open the app and log in to your Roku account following the on-screen instructions.
- Click on the “Devices” tab at the bottom right corner and select your Roku-connected TV.
- Once connected, tap the three dots next to your device and select “Ping Remote” to make your Roku remote sound for the next 60 seconds.
- Alternatively, click the “Remote” icon to use the app as a remote control. You can then follow the steps below to find the lost remote.
- On your Roku-connected TV, go to “Settings” and select “Remotes & Devices.”
- Tap “Set up the remote for TV control” and choose “Find the remote.”
- Select the microphone icon on the Roku mobile app and say, “Hey Roku, find my remote.”
- Your Roku remote will start beeping.
- Follow the sound to locate your Roku remote and press any button to stop the beeping.
Method 3: Using the Remote Finder Button
Many Roku devices come with a remote finder button by default. For example, the Roku Ultra has this button at the top or side of the device. When you press this button, your Roku remote will start beeping, and you can follow the sound to find it.
Please note that the lost remote finder is compatible with the Roku voice remote, which has a built-in speaker. It works with Roku Voice Remote Pro and Roku Enhanced Remote, both of which have personal shortcut keys. If your remote has a small speaker hole on the back, it’s compatible with voice commands.
How to Change the Remote Finder Sound
If the lost remote finder sound is too quiet, you can change it to a louder one using the following steps:
- Turn on your Roku-connected smart TV.
- Navigate to “Settings” and select “Remote & Devices” or just “Remote” if prompted.
- If prompted, choose your remote from the list.
- Click on “Change remote finder sound.”
- Select a louder sound option from the list and click “OK.”
You can also tap “Preview remote finder sound” to hear it before making your selection. This way, it will be easier to find your lost Roku remote.
What to Do When You Can’t Find Your Lost Remote
If you’ve looked everywhere but still can’t find your Roku remote, don’t worry! There are some good alternatives you can try:
1. Buy a New Remote
You can replace your lost remote with a brand new one. You have a couple of options:
- Roku Voice Remote: This basic Roku remote costs $19.99.
- Roku Voice Remote Pro: If you want a remote with the lost remote finder feature, you can get this one for $29.99.
After buying a new remote, you’ll need to pair it with your TV to control it.
2. Purchase a Universal Remote
Universal remotes can work with various Roku devices, such as Roku 1, Roku 2, Roku 3, Roku 4, Roku Ultra, Roku Express, and Roku Premier. To set up a universal remote:
- Long-press the “SETUP” button on the remote.
- Pair it with your Roku-connected TV.
- Choose the right TV input and enter the code displayed on the TV screen.
- Once it’s programmed, you can use it just like a Roku remote.
3. Use The Roku App
If you don’t want to spend money on a new remote, you can use the Roku app as a remote control from your Android or iOS device. Here’s how:
- Download the Roku app from the Play Store (for Android) or the App Store (for iOS). It’s free.
- Make sure your smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku-connected device.
- The remote app can be a handy alternative, especially when your Roku TV remote isn’t working correctly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find a lost Roku remote?
- Use the Roku app on your smartphone or tablet to control your Roku device
- Use the "Find My Remote" feature on your Roku device if it has one
- Purchase a new Roku remote from the Roku website or a retailer that sells them