What is the Kodi No Stream Available Error?
- Have you ever tried to watch something on Kodi and got a message saying “No Stream Available”? It means Kodi couldn’t find any links to play the video you want. This happens to lots of people and can be really frustrating.
Why Does This Error Happen?
- There are several reasons why this error can pop up:
- Your internet provider might be blocking the streams.
- There may not be enough streams to pick from.
- Your device might have a problem.
- The addon you’re using could have issues.
- Too much stuff stored in your cache (that’s like a temporary memory).
- Some streaming providers might not be turned on.
- You could be using an old version of the addon.
- The video you want to watch might have been taken down.
- Your internet might be too slow.
How to Fix the Kodi No Stream Available Error
- Let’s see how we can solve this problem:
1. Use a VPN
- If your internet provider is causing trouble, you can use a VPN. It hides what you’re doing online and helps you get around the block. ExpressVPN is a good choice for Kodi, and it’s super fast.
2. Check Your Internet Speed
- Sometimes, slow internet can be the issue. You can check your internet speed to make sure it’s fast enough for streaming.
That’s it for now! I’ll continue with more solutions in the next part.
2. How Can Real Debrid Help with the Kodi No Stream Available Error?
- So, why does Kodi sometimes say “No Stream Available”? Well, that’s because it tries to find free streaming links, but those links can get crowded with too many people trying to use them.
- That’s where Real Debrid comes in! It’s like a special service that gives you premium links, even in 4K quality. These links are from servers that aren’t as busy, so you get a better streaming experience.
- If you want to try it out, you can follow our guide on how to set up Real Debrid on Kodi. But if you already know how it works, here’s a quick way to set it up with the Crew addon:
- Go to the Crew’s main menu and click on “Tools.”
- Then, select “ResolveURL Settings.”
- On the left side of the screen, find “Universal Resolvers 2,” and scroll down to the “Real Debrid” part.
- Click on “(Re)Authorise My Account.”
- You’ll see a code on the screen. Open a web browser and visit https://real-debrid.com/device.
- Enter the code from your Kodi screen and click “Continue.” This authorizes Real Debrid in the addon.
- Once you see the “Application allowed” message, you’ll have access to premium Real-Debrid links in the addon.
3. How to Clear Kodi Cache to Fix No Stream Available
- Sometimes, Kodi’s hidden storage, called cache, can cause the “No Stream Available” message. To fix this, you can clear the cache. Here’s how:
- Follow our guide on “How to Clear Cache on Kodi” for detailed instructions.
- After clearing the cache, open Kodi again and check if you can watch videos without any problems.
4. How to Enable Sources/Providers to Fix No Stream Available
- Sometimes, the sources or providers that Kodi uses to find streams can be turned off. You can try to turn them back on, but the steps might vary depending on the addon you’re using. Here’s a general idea:
- Look for “Tools” or “Settings” on the main screen of the addon. (On some addons like The Crew, it might be called “Tools.”)
- Find “Sources” and choose “Enable all” or “Providers” (sometimes it’s “Providers”) on the left side.
- If there’s an option like “General,” select it and click “Enable All Providers.”
5. How to Uninstall and Reinstall an Addon
- Sometimes, when an addon isn’t working and shows the “No Stream Available” error, it’s a good idea to start fresh by uninstalling and then reinstalling it. This removes any old data and gives you a clean slate. I’ll show you how to do it using The Crew addon as an example, but you can use these steps for other Kodi addons too:
Uninstall the Addon
- Open Kodi and go to “Settings” (it looks like a cogwheel) from the home screen.
- Click on the “Add-ons” folder.
- Under “Add-ons,” select “My add-ons.”
- Next, click on “Video Add-ons.”
- Find “The Crew” or the addon you want to uninstall.
- Click the “Uninstall” button at the bottom-right corner.
- Confirm your action by selecting “Yes.”
- When prompted, click “Yes” again. Wait for the addon to uninstall.
Reinstall the Addon
- After successfully uninstalling the addon, you’ll need to reinstall it. We used The Crew addon as an example here, but you can find installation guides for other Kodi addons as well.
6. How to Stream with a Faster and More Stable Internet Connection
- Slow internet or a shaky network connection can cause the “No Stream Available” error on Kodi and affect the video quality. To avoid this, you should use a strong Wi-Fi network when streaming on Kodi.
- You need at least a 10Mbps internet connection for smooth streaming, but it’s recommended to have a 50Mbps connection to avoid buffering issues.
- You can check your internet speed using an Internet Speed Test App on FireStick or other Android devices. Alternatively, you can visit https://www.speedtest.net/ in a web browser.
- If you have fast internet at home but experience occasional slowdowns, it could be due to router issues. You can sometimes fix minor network connection problems by restarting your router or modem. Here’s how:
- Unplug the router or modem for about a minute.
- Plug it back in and wait for it to reconnect.
- If your internet speed doesn’t improve, it’s a good idea to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.
- If the “No Streams Available” error persists, you can try other solutions mentioned in this guide.
7. How to Stream Lower Resolution Links to Fix the Kodi No Stream Available Error
- If your videos are lagging, you can try streaming at a lower resolution. Ultra HD videos may not work well with a poor internet connection. Here’s how to do it:
- When you’re about to play a video, look for settings that allow you to change the video quality.
- Select a lower resolution option to make the video load faster and play more smoothly.
8. How to Try Different Sources for Streaming
- Kodi addons usually have lots of sources for each movie or TV episode they offer. If you’re facing the “No Streams” error while trying to watch a video, you can try playing it from a different source link.
- Sometimes, the source link you’re using might be down, and that’s why you’re getting the error on Kodi.
9. Ensure the Video Source is Available
- Another reason you might see the “No Stream Available” error on Kodi is that the video you’re looking for may not be available anymore or has been taken down.
- This can happen when you’re trying to watch a really old movie or TV show, or when you’re trying to watch something that’s just been released. If a video has been removed from the internet recently, you may still see source links for it, but they won’t work, leading to the error.
10. Make Sure You’re Using a Working Kodi Addon
- The addon you’re using has to be a working one. Sometimes, addons become popular and then suddenly stop working or disappear altogether. This is quite common in the Kodi world.
- Non-working addons may still show categories and titles, but they won’t have any sources for video playback. If you’re facing the “No Stream Available” error with an addon, it might be time to switch to a different one.
- To check if an addon is still functional, try playing a few movies and TV episodes from different categories. If they play, the addon is probably still working. But if nothing plays, you might want to explore other addons from our “Best Kodi Addons” list to find the content you’re looking for.
11. Why It’s a Good Idea to Keep Multiple Addons
- Having multiple Kodi addons installed is a smart move. If you like to watch different kinds of content like on-demand shows, live TV, or sports, make sure you have at least two addons for each type.
- When you have several addons, you’ll always have options if one of them stops working. You can check out our “Best Kodi Addons List” to find addons that are currently working for the content you want to watch.
12. How to Update Outdated Addons
- Sometimes, the “No Stream Available” error can happen because your addon is out of date. Addon developers regularly release updates to keep things running smoothly. Here’s how to update an addon (we’re using The Crew addon as an example):
- Go to the Kodi home screen and click on the gear icon for “Settings.”
- Select “Add-ons.”
- Choose “My add-ons.”
- Click “Video add-ons.”
- Find the addon you want to update (like The Crew).
- Make sure “Auto-update” is turned on to let the addon update automatically when a new version is available. To update manually, click “Versions,” and the addon will install the latest version if there’s an update.
- Updating the addon should help you fix the “No Stream Available” error on Kodi.
13. How to Clear Cache and Providers Within an Addon
- Sometimes, a buildup of cached data can lead to the “No Stream Available” error on Kodi. You can clear the cache and providers within a Kodi addon to resolve this issue. (We’re using the Crew addon for demonstration, but the steps might be similar for other addons):
- Open the addon by going to the Kodi home screen, then “Add-ons,” and select “Video Add-ons.” Click on the addon you want to clear cache and providers for.
- Scroll down and click on “Clear Cache.”
- If a popup appears, click “Yes” or “Confirm.”
- Next, click on “Clear Providers…”
- Click “Yes.”
How to Fix Kodi No Stream Available (A Summary)
If you’re facing the Kodi “No Stream Available” error, here’s a quick summary of the solutions we’ve discussed:
- Use a VPN: Protect your streaming and unblock ISP restrictions.
- Use Real Debrid: Get premium links for better streaming quality.
- Clear Kodi Cache: Remove cached data that might be causing the error.
- Enable Source Providers: Make sure your sources are active and enabled.
- Uninstall & Reinstall the Addon: Start fresh if an addon isn’t working.
- Use a Reliable Internet Connection: A strong Wi-Fi network is essential.
- Try Lower Resolution: Opt for lower quality if your internet is slow.
- Try Different Sources: Experiment with different links.
- Make Sure the Video Source is Available: Ensure the content is still online.
- Do Not Use an Outdated Kodi Addon: Keep addons updated.
- Use Multiple Addons: Have backups in case one fails.
- Keep the Addon Up to Date: Enable auto-updates for addons.
- Clear Providers and Cache Within the Addon: Remove cached data.
- Increase Provider Timeout Limit: Give addons more time to find links.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Kodi: As a last resort, start fresh with a new Kodi installation.
Wrapping up Kodi No Stream Available
The Kodi “No Stream Available” error can be frustrating, but by following these solutions, you should be able to resolve the problem easily.